A site devoted mostly to everything related to Information Technology under the sun - among other things.

Thursday, September 10, 2026

Long Live Chairman Mao, Now Powered by AI

This article, please see below, is really, about ethical safeguards, and how to teach an AI agent about good (for whom or what?) vs evil. This is a tricky one as it is also subjective and a deeply human construct. 


Where the article is interesting is in the early part of the write-up, where it stresses the fact that  the AI agent has access to all this data, including the writings of someone like Mao, in order to help it elaborate a plan of action for itself or for a client. Unfiltered, this is rather scary, obviously. 

Personally - but I tend to be a pessimistic sceptic and a cynic - I cannot see how you can teach good vs evil to a machine, and how you can make sure that the machine actually follows the guidelines (because you tried to 'teach' the machine that doing 'good' is better than doing 'evil', and following the guidelines is in itself 'good'?). 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I had been a senior software developer working for HP and GM. I am interested in intelligent and scientific computing. I am passionate about computers as enablers for human imagination. The contents of this site are not in any way, shape, or form endorsed, approved, or otherwise authorized by HP, its subsidiaries, or its officers and shareholders.

Blog Archive