A site devoted mostly to everything related to Information Technology under the sun - among other things.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Insufficiency of Data Models

Malcolm Chisolm has 3 interesting articles on why data modeling alone is not sufficient for the design of databases.

They are:

"Data Models are Not Database Design" in October 2007 issue of DM Review.

"MetaThoughts:The Logical/Physical Challenge in Data Management"

"Is Data Modeling Sufficient for Database Design?"

I think they are worth reading. I specially enjoyed the first one since I had personal experience with reference data and could relate to the validity of his assertions.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a senior software developer working for General Motors Corporation.. I am interested in intelligent computing and scientific computing. I am passionate about computers as enablers for human imagination. The contents of this site are not in any way, shape, or form endorsed, approved, or otherwise authorized by HP, its subsidiaries, or its officers and shareholders.

Blog Archive