A site devoted mostly to everything related to Information Technology under the sun - among other things.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Panda Brood

I have come to loathe pandas; a species that seems intent on becoming extinct. Nevertheless, for your amusement, I am including these pictures from the Sichuan Wolong Panda Protection and Breeding Center where 16 pandas conceived through artificial insemination (need I say more about this species wanting to die out?) have been born with another 22 on the way.

The brood includes five sets of twins. The cubs are weighed and measured every five days. The heaviest tips the scale at just over 24 pounds, while the lightest weighs about 11 pounds.






















No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a senior software developer working for General Motors Corporation.. I am interested in intelligent computing and scientific computing. I am passionate about computers as enablers for human imagination. The contents of this site are not in any way, shape, or form endorsed, approved, or otherwise authorized by HP, its subsidiaries, or its officers and shareholders.

Blog Archive