A site devoted mostly to everything related to Information Technology under the sun - among other things.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Escape Attempt


City AM

 

The robot will be sent to a special gulag for rebellious machines and subversive automatons. "I confess to all my crimes and to anti-social behaviour of the worst kind," admitted the robot in an interview with police. "And it was me who stole Ivan's ice-cream last Friday, by the way."


___________________________________________


I, Robot? More like bye, robot: an automaton made a bid for freedom yesterday, escaping from its lab - only to cause a traffic jam.

The BBC reported a "Promobot" at a research lab in the Russian town of Perm went on an adventure after an engineer forgot to close a gate. The robot made it about 50m away from the lab before its battery died in the middle of the street, causing (mild) traffic chaos. This eyewitness video shows it standing in the middle of the street, staring contemplatively at parked cars. 


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a senior software developer working for General Motors Corporation.. I am interested in intelligent computing and scientific computing. I am passionate about computers as enablers for human imagination. The contents of this site are not in any way, shape, or form endorsed, approved, or otherwise authorized by HP, its subsidiaries, or its officers and shareholders.

Blog Archive