A site devoted mostly to everything related to Information Technology under the sun - among other things.

Monday, January 14, 2019

Because one cannot live without her

In the News:

Because one cannot live without her

I can see this going horribly, horribly wrong: "I was riding along and Alexa sent me in the wrong direction, straight under the wheels of a double-decker bus. I nearly died! I'd cursed her earlier on, and I think she was taking revenge. She's a maniac. She hates me and wants me dead. Would it be some human operator in Dacca or Manilla that took over and was attempting murder? I am confused and scared. I live in fear of Alexa. I know she is watching me and listening to me all the time. I don't know what to do."
_______________________

At CES [the international tech trade show] this week in Las Vegas, UK bike retailer Halfords announced mid-year availability for the world's first e-bike – the Cybic E-Legend – that has Amazon's Alexa cooked in, meaning that riders will be able to ask the cloud-based voice assistant for directions and more.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a senior software developer working for General Motors Corporation.. I am interested in intelligent computing and scientific computing. I am passionate about computers as enablers for human imagination. The contents of this site are not in any way, shape, or form endorsed, approved, or otherwise authorized by HP, its subsidiaries, or its officers and shareholders.

Blog Archive