A site devoted mostly to everything related to Information Technology under the sun - among other things.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

News of Alexa - II


From Grauniad of the UK

Technology you don't need that harasses you 

"Because Alexa wouldn't respond to our commands," explained Darren Fatmutt of Hull (in the north of England), "we couldn't cook the turkey, the house was cold as we couldn't turn the heating on, and we sat in the dark without any telly. Apart from that, Christmas Day was a success. It could have been worse: my mother-in-law could have joined us. I hate Alexa. And, clearly, she hates us too. Besides, she never understands when I talk to her: it must be my northern intonation. I have to repeat what I want 15 times. And she gets it wrong. She talks with an American accent, you see. She doesn't understand real English people. Like me and Sharon." 

_______________________


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a senior software developer working for General Motors Corporation.. I am interested in intelligent computing and scientific computing. I am passionate about computers as enablers for human imagination. The contents of this site are not in any way, shape, or form endorsed, approved, or otherwise authorized by HP, its subsidiaries, or its officers and shareholders.

Blog Archive