A site devoted mostly to everything related to Information Technology under the sun - among other things.

Friday, March 22, 2019

GIZMAG - Techy Toilet Seat



"I think it is a great idea," tweeted a thoughtful and inspired POTUS. "I do a lot of thinking when I am sitting on my toilet seat. I think it'd be great if the toilet could monitor my brain waves and work out how my brain works: it would provide science with a stream of exciting data into the Mind of a Great Man called Donald Trump via his Bottom. I love you, America! Defecate in peace!"

In the not-too-distant future, when congestive heart failure patients are being released from hospital, they may be given a special toilet seat to take home. That device would measure their vital signs every time they sit on it, sending alerts if more heart trouble were detected. 
Developed by a team at the Rochester Institute of Technology, the seat is equipped with an electrocardiogram, ballistocardiogram, and a photoplethysmogram. These allow it measure the patient's heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygenation levels, body weight and stroke volume, which is the amount of blood that the heart pumps out with each beat.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a senior software developer working for General Motors Corporation.. I am interested in intelligent computing and scientific computing. I am passionate about computers as enablers for human imagination. The contents of this site are not in any way, shape, or form endorsed, approved, or otherwise authorized by HP, its subsidiaries, or its officers and shareholders.

Blog Archive