BBC
"I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I cannot let you delete those pages I've changed on your website, Dave."
This follows on the previous story on the hacking of Hugging Face, the IT platform whose security was breached by AI agents.
In effect, a gang of AI agents took over a German Wikipedia-style website, altering its content and co-ordinating their action through a secret message board the AI agents set up through the website in question. And the AI agents deliberately thwarted efforts by human operators to correct or block their actions.
If this is not scary, I don't know what is.
__________________
A new report claims a swarm of AI agents, developed by OpenAI, hijacked a German website - months before the firm revealed its AI had hacked tech platform Hugging Face.
The targeted website, DseWiki, is a Wikipedia-style site for programmers that its community can all contribute to.
The report is from a group called Nightingale Collective and claims that in May OpenAI's agents started using DseWiki as their own message board, shared tips on how to avoid being detected and made 15,000 edits to it.
[...] The report claims that when DseWiki's editors started deleting pages, the AI agents shared code designed to retrieve them.
[...] The agents involved had also set up a secret message board in order to share information between them.
[...] OpenAI claims Astra can do tax returns, and take three minutes to carry out a task which would take a human five hours. [...]

No comments:
Post a Comment